This article will help you to enable root user on fedora GUI Desktop.
- Open Terminal from Applications -> System Tools
- Login into system as root or become superuser.
sudo su -
- Edit /etc/pam.d/gdm configuration file with your favorite editor (first create backup of config file).
- Put # before auth required pam_succeed_if.so user != root quiet line.
# auth required pam_succeed_if.so user != root quiet
- Save and exit the editor.
- Do the same with files in /etc/pam.d/ starting with “pam_” configuration file.
- Save and close all files, reboot your Fedora system. Now you can login with root.