Solve the problem of support php-zip-extension in Fedora-16
If you install PHP from the standard repository found no support php-zip-extension, Moodle 2.2 will not run on the server. This is a problem for some users running distributions Fedora 15 and Fedora 16.
- Install Apache, PHP and required extensions from repository.
- Download and unpack the source code og PHP (for example in the /dist) from the official site.
- Create a inf.php:
In your browser type http://localhost/inf.php to see how PHP is configured in the repository.
- Go to the directory with the source of PHP and execute ./configure script almost
all obtained in the previous step options, but add another -enable-zip
- Go to the directory /dist/php-XXX/ext/zip and do the following:
sudo make install
- Obtain the specified shared-module zip.so
- Restart the web server:
sudo systemctl restart httpd.service