After 6 months of development, presented release of a free media player Banshee 2.2, is used by default in Ubuntu Linux. The player is written in C # and requires the installation of Mono.
- Support for working with online-music store eMusic Store. Ability to navigate, preview, search, purchase and download music
- Ability to transfer music between your local music library and electronic books Barnes and Noble Nook.
- Support for installation of Internet radio stations by default in the initial configuration used distributions
- In the pop-up menu with the notification added “Stop at the end”
- Added support for new devices: Motorola Atrix, Notion Ink Adam, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Galaxy S2, Xperia X12
- By default, added EQ “Smiley Face Curve”
- In ArtworkManager added command line option “–fetch-artwork”
- In the MiniMode mode reduced height of the window
- Support file format .spc
- To speed up the start sold ArtworkID cache local database.